Accounts are funded in one of three ways:
- Annual Contribution - writing a check from your personal funds
- Transfer - The movement of funds from IRA to IRA*
- Rollover -The movement of funds from a Qualified Plan such as a 401(k), 403(b) or 457 to an IRA*
The above link provides a form for Transfer of funds.
For Annual Contributions, see our "Contribute to an Account" page.
For Transfers (IRA to IRA):
* Make sure you provide the address of your current custodian's Transfer Department on the Transfer Form. This will ensure that your Transfer Form is sent to the department that is designed to facilitate your request.
* Some but not all custodians require a Medallion Signature Guarantee. This "medallion stamp" can usually be obtained at your bank. Ask your current custodian if they require this type of signature guarantee.
* It's best to contact your present custodian to request your fund be liquidated to cash. In this way delays can be avoided. Often times custodians will not accept the attached written request to liquidate funds and do require the customer or client to request this individually. Your stocks, bonds and mutual funds cannot be moved "In-Kind".
For Rollovers (401(k), 403(b), 457, Defined Benefits, etc):
Contact your present custodian and request their Rollover documentation. Complete their forms and return them. Once your current custodian receives your request they will respond. Sometimes these custodians require your new account number in order to process your request. Once your account is established with uDirect IRA Services we can provide this new account number to you.
Your current custodian will need to make the check payable to: American Estate & Trust LC FBO your IRA. They can mail the check to you and you can forward it, or they can mail it to the custodian at 6900 Westcliff Dr, Ste 603, Las Vegas, NV 89145-0199.
*Note: When requesting funds from your current custodian keep in mind checks have a mandatory 5-day hold. Wires have a $25 fee.